No matter how diligently you brush, floss and visit the dentist, you can still experience dental discoloration – causing you to be less than 100 percent satisfied with the appearance of your teeth. When this occurs, professional teeth whitening with Dr. Partovi will eliminate the stains that concern you most, restoring a beautiful and naturally white smile.
What causes dental discoloration?
There are a number of reasons your teeth may appear less white than you’d like, including:
- Certain foods and drinks. There are many foods and drinks that are known to stain your teeth, including coffee, tea, soda, beets and grape juice.
- Poor dental hygiene In many cases, not brushing or flossing enough to remove plaque can cause your teeth to become stained over time.
- Growing older As we age, the enamel on our teeth becomes thinner, revealing the naturally yellow color of the bony tissue (dentin) underneath.
- Genetics Some people are simply born with naturally brighter teeth than others.
- Smoking Yet another reason to never start smoking – cigarettes can permanently stain your teeth.
What to expect during treatment
Your teeth whitening treatment will begin during your initial consultation with Dr. Partovi. During that meeting, she will evaluate your teeth to determine if you’re an ideal candidate. From there, she will create a customized plan to achieve a natural shade of white for your teeth.
During the actual treatment, Dr. Partovi will apply a powerful whitening gel to your teeth, along with a laser or specialized light to optimize the results. Within an hour, the gel will have broken apart your stains and revealed a significantly whiter smile. In many cases, Dr. Partovi will also prescribe at-home care following your in-office treatment, to ensure your beautiful results are as long-lasting as possible.
Am I a candidate forin-office teeth whitening?
The only way to know for sure if you are a candidate for in-office teeth whitening is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Partovi today. However, in general, most patients are considered to be candidates if they have mild to moderate stains and want to correct them to restore a naturally white smile.
Individuals that are not considered to be candidates for teeth whitening are patients with:
- Veneers, crowns or bonding on the front teeth.
- Intrinsic stains that appear as gray or white spots on the teeth.
- Extremely sensitive teeth.
- Worn enamel.
How much does teeth whitening cost?
At 360 Orthodontics in Los Angeles, all of our treatments are completely customized. As such, the final cost of your whitening procedure will depend on a variety of factors, including the size of the area being treated and the duration of the procedure. During your initial consultation, Dr. Partovi will be able to provide you with more personalized guidance on your specific investment.