Invisalign Teen Los Angeles
Teens love Invisalign because it lets them live their lives freely – playing sports, hanging out with friends and dating – without worrying about their looks. With removable and virtually invisible trays shifting the teeth into proper alignment, Invisalign is the ideal choice for teens who want to achieve a healthy, straight and beautiful smile, but don’t want to be held back by traditional metal braces.
How Invisalign Teen works
Our Los Angeles Invisalign Teen treatment straightens teeth in a simple, powerful and discreet way. The actual trays are completely customized to fit your teen’s unique mouth, and they are made of smooth and clear plastic so they’re practically invisible to the eye. Dr. Partovi will strategically create these devices so they move your teen’s teeth on a predetermined path over time, ultimately unveiling the beautiful and perfectly straight smile they deserve.
Invisalign Teen has two unique characteristics:
- A blue indicator light on the side fades as the tray is worn properly. This way, if the light has not faded at the end of two weeks, you will know that you don’t have to switch to the next tray.
- Teens get two free trays!
What your teen canexpect during treatment
During your teen’s initial consultation with Dr. Partovi, she will perform a comprehensive evaluation of their teeth, gums and mouth. This will allow her to determine if Invisalign is a good fit and can in fact address your teen’s specific dental issues.
In order to create your teen’s Invisalign trays, Dr. Partovi will first need to take a series of x-rays, photos and impressions of their teeth, which will allow for very detailed treatment planning. Dr. Partovi will then determine the movements your teen’s teeth will make at each stage, before creating their custom tray aligners.
During treatment, your teen will need to switch to a new set of custom trays every two weeks. It’s critical that these trays are worn nonstop, for a minimum of 20 hours a day, except during meals and while brushing their teeth. It’s very important that your teen follows these guidelines precisely, as they will ensure that their teeth are moved as efficiently as possible. As the weeks progress, Dr. Partovi will schedule routine visits to check in on your teen’s progress, as well as make any necessary adjustments to deliver the straight and healthy smile they’ve always wanted. She performs some of the best treatments of Invisalign Teen Los Angeles has available.
The benefits of Invisalign Teen
- A virtually invisible way to straighten your teen’s teeth. Invisalign Teen aligners are comprised of clear, virtually invisible plastic. As such, no one will be able to tell your teen is straightening their teeth.
- The ability to live freely. Invisalign enables your teen to continue living life normally as they straighten their teeth. They can play sports, practice their musical instruments and go out on dates without worrying about their braces.
- No food restrictions. With traditional braces, your teen can’t do certain things, like eat popcorn, chips and nuts. Because the Invisalign trays are removable, your teen can eat their normal diet without any restrictions throughout treatment.
- Optimal oral health. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign allows your teen to brush and floss their teeth normally. This prevents cavities and promotes optimal oral health.
Can Invisalign correctmy teen’s dental issues?
A gentle yet powerful treatment, Invisalign Teen can correct both mild and complex dental issues, including:
- Excess spacing. This occurs when there is too much space in between the teeth, creating a gap.
- Overbite. Also known as “buck teeth,” this occurs when the upper teeth are located too far in front of the lower teeth.
- Underbite. An underbite occurs when the lower jaw protrudes beyond the upper jaw, causing the front lower teeth to overlap the front top teeth.
- Open bite. This occurs when some of the top and bottom teeth don’t meet all the way when biting.
- Crowding issues. Crowding occurs when there isn’t enough space for the teeth to fit properly within the jaws. Signs of crowding are teeth that are twisted and displaced.
- Crossbite. A crossbite develops when the upper and lower jaws are misaligned, causing some of the upper teeth to touch the inside of the lower teeth.